If ya want my money, 'an' ya think I'm gullible, c'mon ...

The other end of the spectrum from the Mentors. People like Paris Hilton will find themselves here. Those with little or no redeeming social qualities. The ones you love to hate.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

MysteryFCM
Runnin The Show
Runnin The Show

If ya want my money, 'an' ya think I'm gullible, c'mon ...

Postby MysteryFCM » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 pm

If ya want my money, 'an' ya think I'm gullible, c'mon Saphie scam me now!

Okay, so I completely ruined what used to be a great Rod Stewart song - but it's been worth it. I was alerted by my friend Dee Hughes over at Freeware Home, of a rogue domain one of her visitors came across during a Google search for Outlook Express that led via the Sponsored results (surprise surprise) to expressdownloadz.com (see left).

She asked if I could dig up anything on this domain as she'd not found any contact information or anything that would help her take it down. Naturally I offered to help (I do love exposing these scheming wan**rs). Off I trotted to expressdownloadz.com, and low and behold, instantly identified the type of scam, and thus, how to track it.

expressdownloadz.com is identical to thousands of other itty bitty phishy sites out there, and it's stats are as follows;

IP: 72.10.171.202
IP PTR: Resolution failed
ASN: 36666 72.10.168.0/22 GTCOMM - GloboTech Communications
Created: October 19th 2009

Read more
http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/11/if- ... nk-im.html
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Return to “Miscellaneous Misfits”