Tis The Season For.... Meltdowns, Moodswings and Misery

My muttering and mumbles. Things on my mind. Whatever makes me need to sound off.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, Owner

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Tis The Season For.... Meltdowns, Moodswings and Misery

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Not to be a downer but so many have a hard time getting through this time of year. It's the Holidays, the lack of sun, the cold, all sorts of triggers to send many into emotional tailspins and mental anguish.
Don't feel weak if you are having issues, TALK to someone. If you see others with emotional turmoil TALK to them. Suicides are preventable and there are signs to spot someone thinking about it. Here is one source.

Some signs not listed in the link but on several other lists are giving away possessions, items held in value given to specific people. Buying a firearm. Writing a will. Reckless behavior, out of the norm. Talking about death and dying. Knowing someone who has committed suicide, a family member or friends makes it seem more acceptable in some cases, teens often follow one another in suicides. Some people never exhibit signs before a suicide and it is NEVER your fault if you didn't see signs of someone you knew someone who committed suicide.

So you have spotted some signs in someone you know. You need to take action. Read through this list here and assess your situation. If you don't see imminent danger just talk to them, offer to help find professional help. You are not a pro, don't take this on alone. If the person is threatening to act, this is an emergency, treat it as one. Call 911.

Depression is a real disease. It is not a sign of weakness, and you should not be ashamed. Telling yourself to just get over it won't work. Seek help! I speak from personal experience. Getting help was one of the best things I have ever done for me. There are organizations for free help or assistance in paying for medications. The first step is asking. It's the hardest too. Once you ask you will find you begin to feel better and talking to someone about what ever it is that's making you crazy is such a relief. I look forward to my therapy sessions each week. It's a place I can say exactly how I feel about what ever and know it's not going to leave that room. Validation for my feelings is amazing! Don't deprive yourself be nice to you, you are worth it.

Please feel free to share this information, it is intended to help others as my gift to all.

Last bumped by JeanInMontana on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:49 pm.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
Image Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Montana Meanderings”