Petition

My muttering and mumbles. Things on my mind. Whatever makes me need to sound off.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, Owner

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Petition

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Subject: Did you see The New York Times Magazine?

Hi,

This Sunday's cover story in The New York Times Magazine makes plain the threat: The winner of the 2008 presidential election could be decided by flawed, insecure, and hackable electronic voting machines.

Congress is poised to consider a new emergency paper ballots bill next week—but we'll have to convince them to act right away.
I signed a petition urging local, state, and federal officials to require a paper trail for our votes. Can you join me at the link below?

http://pol.moveon.org/paper2008/?r_by=1 ... ment_paste

Thanks!
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
Image Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Tom

Re: Petition

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 am

I am happy with Obama!

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Postby rockingmtranch » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:46 am

I'm also happy with Obama. You post that petition Jean, how do you stand? Would the millions of dollars spent to count all that paper and then hope there isn't any corruption along THAT route be worth anything?

W3FSY
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby W3FSY » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:45 pm

I wouldn't sign any petition coming from "MoveOn".

I was born a Republican, am a Life Member of DAV and a USAF Veteran of 4 years and the Republican's made their own problems with their choice of mates for President and Vice-President (gads). I voted for the best and most qualified man to run the country. McCain didn't show me anything in the Senate with all his years as a Senator.

The election is over with and I'm glad with having to put up with emails for over a year from die-hard Republicans with non-sense BS. Guess you might say I lean to being an Independent. LOL

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 pm

rockingmtranch wrote:I'm also happy with Obama. You post that petition Jean, how do you stand? Would the millions of dollars spent to count all that paper and then hope there isn't any corruption along THAT route be worth anything?

Well it was posted almost a year ago
[ Post details ] Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:13 pm
and it's not a paper petition, it was counted electronically. MoveOn is an independent organization that backs the right choice, not any particular party. But, if your a regular person living under 100K a year, you don't vote Republican most likely and MoveOn wouldn't be backing many Republicans because they have historically proven to be for making the rich richer and the poor go away and be poorer.

I am thrilled Obama won and MoveOn had a huge campaign going for him, with phone calls and door to door campaigning. Election laws have been changed that is probably the best thing Bush did for us.

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Postby rockingmtranch » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 am

Damn. I didn't notice that was posted in Jan. That'll teach me to pay more attention LMAO. I've voted Republican since I was 18 (1978) but this year I was fed up and voted differently.

W3FSY
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Postby W3FSY » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:53 pm

I think we's been had, Mac and Tom. This thread belongs in "Joke of the Day".
Dang it anywho, Jean. She just wanted to know how we voted, Mac.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 pm

W3FSY wrote:I think we's been had, Mac and Tom. This thread belongs in "Joke of the Day".
Dang it anywho, Jean. She just wanted to know how we voted, Mac.

The thread has been here for nearly a year, Ron. I didn't do anything. Tom came along and posted to it and Mac noticed what he thought was a new post. I don't care how you voted. The right person won. And this doesn't belong in Joke of the Day.

Return to “Montana Meanderings”