Stardom in Second Life

My muttering and mumbles. Things on my mind. Whatever makes me need to sound off.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, Owner

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Stardom in Second Life

Postby JeanInMontana » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:26 pm

OK I am officially coming out of the Second Life closet. I have been avidly playing this game since 8/25/07. I am totally addicted and am having so much fun. If anyone has an inkling they would like to give it a try please use this link http://www.secondlife.com/join/?u=17d70 ... 32bde659d0 I will get a reward if you decide to go premium. You can play the game for free and I actually recommend that before taking the big plunge. You might not like it, but I highly doubt that.

Back to the topic title. I look for ways to make Lindens, the in world currency used to buy goods and services. In this pursuit I came across a classified ad for a machinima artist Susi Spicoli. Susi was looking for someone to invite people to her group. I applied and was hired. Machinima is the art of creating movies in Second Life. Susi is one of the best IMO. I don't just say that because I work for her either her gallery speaks for itself.

Well one day she sent a notice to the group she needed extras for a feature she was filming for Broadcom. I jumped at the chance and have a fairly large part in the film. Not quite the star, but lots of screen time. I am the woman in purple (imagine that) you see in the Apple store http://www.youtube.com/SusiSpicoli. The voices are digitally produced after filming. It's really quite high tech stuff and done very much like Hollywood, complete with action & cut.

My latest venture is at this point a secret. I can tell you that it is for a music video in RL (real life) and I have a large part, so far. One never knows of course once the editing is done just how large the part will remain. I think I will stay in it though.

If anyone does join be sure to send me an IM (instant message) in world and I will help you get started. There are many things to learn to make your experience the bes. I am still learning myself. I have a large inventory of "stuff" though that can save you big bucks and we can talk about that.

I am a landowner and am working on a business. I am also looking at the types of crime that occur and of course some are totally related to; identity theft via exploits using scripts, spamming via various means often malicious in nature, always annoying. Assault with scripted objects is common and development of scripted weapons and defense is a big business. Thus far I have taken the lazy way around scripting and use pre-written scripts for stuff I make and have use for a script. I do want to learn it for fixing things that break and for creating awesome stuff.

If you get in world look me up. Some clues to finding me would be to remember, my home's in Montana and .......
Last edited by JeanInMontana on Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
Image Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:17 pm

I have starred in another Second Life video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNzirPSNTjY It is filmed in a new sim modeled after Venice. I am not happy with how the skirt on the dress behaved, but nothing I can do about it now.

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Postby rockingmtranch » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Damn Jean :D You are SMOKIN HOT!!! :D
Linux. Don't fight it. You will be assimilated.
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry--Fort Polk, LA

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:11 pm

:oops: Why thank you Mac.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:35 pm

Some more stuff about Second Life from various sources.

Recommended Reading: ‘The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Second Life’
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 10:37 AM - 5 hours, 2 minutes ago - SecondLife - Clickable Culture
[By Tony Walsh for Clickable Culture , available via Atom . Copyright (c) 2007 in whole or in part, Tony Walsh .]Last year, I started up a business in Second Life with only one plan in mind: put as little effort as possible into it. As a result, I sell a few virtual radioactive barrels, voodoo masks, and magic books for the equivalent of real-world pocket-change each month--if you don't factor in the six dollars in land-rental fees I pay out monthly. If an utterly half-assed Second Life entrepreneur like myself can offset his virtual-world expenses simply by shoveling a pile of shoddy goods into the insatiable maw of the fledgling metaverse, imagine what a well-informed businessperson could accomplish. Technology writer and acquaintance Daniel Terdiman has authored an indispensable book for those wishing to plan, launch, and maintain their own Second Life business schemes. Entitled The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life, it stands as a comprehensive examination of Second Life business basics, largely based on the input of selected residents of the virtual world. The Guide speaks in a language even Second Life newbies can understand, and offers practical solutions to common commerce challenges. Thankfully, Daniel hasn't penned a "get rich quick" manuscript, but rather offers a balanced look at what goes in to making real money from in-world entrepreneurship--in short, a hell of a lot of work. It was only a year ago that a reported 3,000 Second Life residents were earning at least $20k USD annually in-world. Since then, Second Life's population has skyrocketed, so it's probable a lot more people are making decent money off the virtual world. Not me, though. I'm happy with my pocket-change, thanks.Comments?

From The Internet Tour Bus' Bob Rankin.

Making Money In Second Life
-----------------------------

Perhaps you've spent some time exploring the amazing 3D Second Life
metaverse, and now you're ready to quit your day job, and get filthy
rich by creating and selling virtual products. Currently the virtual
item market is worth about $1.5 billion a year worldwide, and it's
true that some people are making big money by selling avatars,
clothing, bling and pets on Second Life.

But Second Life has its own economy, and you need to understand it
before you start buying and selling virtual items. Read the articles
below to learn more about Second Life, Linden Dollars, how currency
exchanges work, which virtual services are in high demand, and how
how virtual items are created:

SL - http://askbobrankin.com/what_is_second_life.html

$L - http://askbobrankin.com/making_money_in ... _life.html

I have a small shop in my home in SL and I am framing real life photos I have taken of the scenery here in Montana. I am also dabbling in some other things landscaping items for people. I made a falls for my land and I want to make some to sell. Tomorrow I am going to attend a class on scripting using the Linden scripting language. This is similar to HTML, but only works with SL stuff. It is the basis of all things cool though.

Return to “Montana Meanderings”