April Fool's Day!

My muttering and mumbles. Things on my mind. Whatever makes me need to sound off.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, Owner

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

April Fool's Day!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:35 pm

There are signs of Spring in the Rockies, I see buds on the Lilac bush. A bold Dandelion is salad size in the yard. A Tulip is probably 8" but it's the only one and it has two siblings.

I can't think of any good pranks and playing them online is much harder IMO. I'll share some of the stuff I've done lately some of it is really foolish.

Most recently I had a moment of total insanity and went into the BIOS of my desktop determined to find and fix the video issue that has been plaguing me for weeks. Well, I choose on board instead of PCI and now the monitor doesn't connect at all. Of course I can't see to undo that. I did find a couple of ideas to fix it, one I will try soon. This guy is very clever, he gives the steps to blindly reverse what I did. Of course this is only going to work if my PC boots correctly. It doesn't always and with no video it's hard to tell. The fan has a different sound when it hasn't really booted and I'm hoping to have some luck. Another solution is to pop the case open and take out the battery, apparently this resets all BIOS settings. Hell that might be a good thing anyway.

I went on eBay and found a refurbished HP with Win7 installed, 19" flat panel monitor, keyboard and mouse for $190.00 (free shipping) I threw in a wireless PCI card and the seller threw in a 10% discount for a total of $209 and change. I think my monitor was close to $200, it's an older system and I'm not even sure if it's 32 or 64 bit but I think it was a good deal and I need a working PC to fix any PC! Oh and I will put Linux on it or the other or both! I have two spare HD now and can partition or not. I just need a bigger house for all this stuff!

March 18th I participated in a cool event at my favorite hair place. A benefit to help fund cancer research for kids. We raised over $4K!! I got over $100 in just three days and people can still donate until November.
2012-03-18 14.03.30.jpg

2012-03-18 14.04.27.jpg
2012-03-18 14.03.30.jpg

Two weeks bald and it's starting to get soft instead of the bristly feeling it had at first. I really don't mind it. No more bad hair days. With our winds here I actually like not having even my former short hair blowing all over. Showering and getting ready to do something is way faster. I am not worried about if it grows back fast or not. So I look like Uncle Fester's wife or sister, not like I was an beauty queen before. I even had someone say it was cute Friday! LOL Maybe with out the double chin?
So this is my page I put MM as a team, feel free to donate what ever you can.
2012-04-01 13.04.31.jpg

2012-04-01 12.59.10.jpg

I see the little girl we honored has an update posted 3/24/12 she got a one year clean scan!! She was 4 when she was diagnosed and is now 6. She is so cute and I can't imagine having cancer at my age much less at 4! My youngest Great Niece is 6 and I thought of her and her sister while my hair fell. I've lost so many family members to cancer. I'm sure you all have too, or know someone who has. Finding a cure would be awesome!

Easter is next weekend! I'm going to Laurel and stay in the Locomotive Inn on Sat & Sun. I am determined to get in on some egg dyeing and hunting. Those kids will be over that soon and I want to see it! I hope the weather isn't crappy or we finally get winter. Regardless I'm going. My adopted little brother is there too he is staying with his sister. I haven't seen him since last summer so that will be cool. Maybe he will let me drive his car. It's nice Ford Shelby.

Well if you have any good pranks that you pulled or had pulled tell us about them. Happy Spring!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
Image Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby rockingmtranch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 am

Great pics and a great cause. April first is our anniversary so no pranks here :-)

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh cool how many years? Tina, my sympathies. :rotf:

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Postby rockingmtranch » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 am

17 and haha.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

:rotf: Gratz!

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

Postby rockingmtranch » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Return to “Montana Meanderings”