Wow, what an experience to get back here again . . . .

Introduce yourself. Tell some jokes, off topic stuff. Kick back take your boots off.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

ol_granny2

Wow, what an experience to get back here again . . . .

Postby ol_granny2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:46 am

. . . I know it's my own damn fault for staying away so long. :oops: I tried & tried & retried again to get in a week or so ago using my old info but messed up on that somehow & gave up 'til now. Evidently there's been a change in what we can use for names & passwords, (more additions). That was hard enough but am now wondering if the policy of changing pw every 30 days is still in effect? Just want a heads up in case.

By the way, I'm grits. :bst: Guess I wasn't logging in much 'cuz there didn't seem to be any activity other than Nascar.
oops, prolly should've filled in some profile info so you'd know it's really me, will do after I post this.

ol_granny2

Re: Wow, what an experience to get back here again . . . .

Postby ol_granny2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 pm

:ahhh: , did I re-register for nothing?! Just went into my grits profile & it does show me as being here on 9/30 which was when I had so much trouble. It wouldn't be listed there if I'd just been here looking around without log in would it? Wonder what the hell I did wrong. :pcpnch:

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 am

Have you tried to log in to your grits account? What kind of trouble?
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
Image Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

ol_granny2

Postby ol_granny2 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:15 pm

:ahhh: just went thru hell again after I received the emails about new move. Tried grits 1st but my old pw's won't work, then tried a cpl. times with this new one but as my name implies, I'm old & forgetful, kept forgetting that one of my characters requires use of 'shift key'. :?

I don't understand why we're required to have such a complicated pw. And are we gonna have to change it every month as before? Is that why so many of the old regular posters have seemed to disappear? I know it used to get me po'd.

Sorry to rant but . . . .

just me,
aka grits

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Password changes are for security and yes they occur once a month. Your grits account will need a new password and so will this one soon. Password changes are common for sites with a high risk of hacking like this one. To the best of my knowledge that is not the reason others are not active.

ol_granny2

Postby ol_granny2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Sorry to hear that. Guess I'll just bow out cuz I just can't deal with constant pw changes.

This is the 1st forum I ever joined how ever long ago it was when I joined as 'grits' and the main reason was because of your location. I used to live in Bozeman.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 pm

I live in Livingston. If a password is going to get you upset you should stay offline. It is something you should change for everything you have one for regularly or get hacked. I'm not having my site hacked. Actually it's ridiculous you can't manage a password change . :rotf: You need two passwords total and use them every other time. If you are really not going to use this site your accounts pose a threat since there are two and your attitude towards security in general makes me think you probably don't have good security habits for anything. Your PC could be hacked at this moment for all I know that's why there are such strict password requirements for this site.

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:08 pm

I deleted this account (ol_granny2) and sent a reactivation for your grits account. For security it's not good to have users with two accounts. Please activate grits.

Return to “Mix and Mingle”