And should you be foolish enough to install Vista,

A forum for general news about the internet. Might not be strictly PC, should be connected in some way.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

rockingmtranch
I Have Powah
I Have Powah

And should you be foolish enough to install Vista,

Postby rockingmtranch » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:14 pm

And should you be foolish enough to install Vista, it’s the cane for you

The votes of no-confidence in Windows Vista continue to roll in, the latest coming from the agency in charge of giving tech advice to British schools. In a report this week, the British Educational Communications and Technology Agency urged schools not to deploy Vista except maybe in cases where the entire IT infrastructure is being redone — otherwise, it’s a hassle and a waste. “We have not had sight of any evidence to support the argument that the costs of upgrading to Vista in educational establishments would be offset by appropriate benefit,” said the report. And Microsoft Office 2007? Same deal — “there remains no compelling case for deployment.” Furthermore, the report warned, schools that do install the newest Office should avoid using Microsoft’s OOXML (Office Open XML) document format because of concerns about compatibility with other applications.

Upgrading Britain’s schools to Vista would cost an estimated $350 million, said the agency — one third of which would go to Microsoft, with the rest soaked up by deployment costs, testing and hardware upgrades. Those upgrade costs don’t include the graphics muscle to run Vista’s shiny Aero interface, but BECTA didn’t care because “there was no significant benefit to schools and colleges in running Aero.” So there you are — another set of quotes that will never make it into a Microsoft press release.

http://svextra.com/blogs/gmsv/2008/01/a ... ml#respond
Linux. Don't fight it. You will be assimilated.
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry--Fort Polk, LA

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Postby JeanInMontana » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 pm

:shock:
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Multi Media Musings”