Trial-Pay: A free subscription is NOT as free as you think!

A forum for general news about the internet. Might not be strictly PC, should be connected in some way.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

MysteryFCM
Runnin The Show
Runnin The Show

Trial-Pay: A free subscription is NOT as free as you think!

Postby MysteryFCM » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:49 pm

I've been seeing these Trial Pay options for a while now, for the likes of Avira etc. I've always been skeptical of these, and always recommended people stay away from them (if you don't want to pay for a licence to use a program, don't use the program - there are almost always free alternatives). Sadly, people still believe Trial Pay are going to give you a free subscription to something - this is simply NOT TRUE.

In the vast majority of cases, you have to either PURCHASE or REGISTER for something in order to get this "free" licence. As I've said many times before, if you've got to pay or register for something - IT IS NOT FREE!.

http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/04/tri ... ot-as.html
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

exile360
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Re: Trial-Pay: A free subscription is NOT as free as you think!

Postby exile360 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:40 am

Yeah, I've been seeing this trialpay crapola a lot as well. I guess the turd, excuse me, third parties like blockbuster etc use part of their profits from trialpay subscribers to pay Avira or whoever is offering the "free" software in exchange for signing up. It reminds me of those kids who walk around trying to sell magazine subscribtions. Very annoying. Of course with trialpay you have to sign up for like 3 of the services to get a license, which I would imagine isn't cheap, so you might as well just pay the $26 for the premium version of Avira and not get all the ads that you would no doubt receive from the third party trialpay companies if you signed up with any of them.

Return to “Multi Media Musings”