Google launches internet browser

A forum for general news about the internet. Might not be strictly PC, should be connected in some way.

Moderators: JeanInMontana, rockingmtranch, ShadowPuterDude, admin, MysteryFCM, Owner

JoeKerr
I Joined Up
I Joined Up

Google launches internet browser

Postby JoeKerr » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Google is launching an open source web browser to compete with Internet Explorer and Firefox.
The browser is designed to be lightweight and fast, and to cope with the next generation of web applications that rely on graphics and multimedia.
Called Chrome, it will launch as a beta for Windows machines in 100 countries, with Mac and Linux versions to come.
"We realised... we needed to completely rethink the browser," said Google's Sundar Pichai in a blog post.

Google is to release its own internet browser in what amounts to its most direct attack yet on Microsoft’s dominance of PC software.

The launch of the browser, known as Google Chrome, will pit the internet company against Microsoft’s dominant Internet Explorer browser, which is used by an estimated three-quarters of all internet users. Google said a test version of the browser would be released in 100 countries on Tuesday.

Full story here and here :link:
Friendship Prayer: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch. Amen

I was busy making plans when life got in the way - John Lennon

JeanInMontana
It's Mine!!
It's Mine!!

Re: Google launches internet browser

Postby JeanInMontana » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Google toolbar is good, Google search engine is good, Google blogs are ok. Google browser? I don't think so.
~Think Globally * Dream Universally~Anon
ImageImageImage Donating any amount helps keep this site alive.

Return to “Multi Media Musings”