I will support and help to the best of my ability any and all projects to put an end to the bastards behind spam.
KnujOn (nûj-ôn) http://www.knujon.com/
KnujOn.com Mission Statement
The KnujOn project is dedicated to providing a true solution to the ever-growing junk mail problem. We believe this issue must be tackled aggressively and this is what we are doing.
Relying on Blockers and Filters Makes the Problem Worse
Organizations and Personal Email users are blocking/filtering millions of junk emails every day. This is to the advantage of spammers as it allows them to target the most vulnerable users who do not have filtering software or technical savvy. Besides helping the junk mailers and identity thieves find their target audience, we are restricting our own use of email. Many networks no longer allow HTML content, images or file attachments. This is unacceptable, email is communication tool and should not limited because of a minority of people who won’t play by the rules. Filters have dictionaries of words that will result in email quarantines, but often completely legitimate emails are blocked and bad emails pass through. There may be valid reasons to send an email with “Viagra” in the text but it is becoming impossible. Newsletters and legitimate marketing have been lumped in with junk messages and ignored by those who might otherwise benefit from the information.
Spam is a Multilayered Problem
Junk mail poses various threats to government, consumers and business. Spam is a law enforcement issues because identity theft, credit card fraud, child sex traffic, and illegal products and/or services offered via junk mail. Consumers face the issue legitimate on-line purchases becoming riskier. Businesses see problems with using email as the basic communication tool it was designed to be and must counteract lowered consumer confidence due to on-line fraud.
Because the spam problem has many dimensions, a solution that addresses each one is required. Blocking and filtering are not proper solutions for law enforcement or computer security professionals since it they only serve to hide the problem and force the activity to an underground network. Ordinary users must sift through hundreds of quarantined junk emails everyday to search for legitimate messages.
KnujOn Addresses the Source of the Problem
Spam is not the problem, it is a symptom of a more complex issue. The KnujOn project is not merely a technical solution. KnujOn’s creator draws from a diverse background that includes programming, policy development, and criminal justice. KnujOn is policy enforcement, reporting and tracking tool that exposes the hidden world of e-fraud rather than ignoring it. Please contact us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The e-fraud problem is a complex, multi-layered issue and cannot be addressed by blocking, ignoring and deleting email.
* The Internet and email are tools for communication. These tools should not be restricted because of junk mail and viruses from a minority who refuse to play by the rules.
* Consumers have a right to know who is collecting their personal information and for what purpose.
* Companies and organizations should not have to restrict email usage with filtering and blocking.
* Legitimate marketing and e-newsletters should not be characterized as spam as long as they follow acceptable policies.
* The tools and policies for stopping junk mailers, spammers, phishers, pharmers, virus senders, hackers, and forgers already exist. New laws and legislation are not needed.